Anti Spam Policy
Updated May 18, 2023
1. Intempt requires all customers to comply with the laws in force of the Customer and its customer's country, especially such regulations in electronic communication.
2. The Customer must provide their true and accurate postal address that will be included in each message footer. The Customer is required to maintain and promptly update this data to ensure it is current, complete and accurate.
3. Each message sent from an Intempt Account should contain an unsubscribe link. The link automatically updates the mailing list to ensure that a subscriber that has opted out will not be sent any further mailings. The Customer is not allowed to send messages to any individual that had been added to the mailing list, but later unsubscribed from it.
4. Sending emails, SMS, or push notifications with content that:
- offer or disseminate fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes), payday loans or engage in any unfair, deceptive act or practice;
- are associated with any form of gambling, betting, or bingo- or lottery-type services;
- are associated with any form of video lotteries, cylindrical games, card games, dicing, and automated games;
- add, remove, or modify the identifying header information in an attempt to deceive or mislead the recipient;
- included pornographic material;
5. Sending or distributing emails, SMS, or push notifications with:
- stimulants or drugs;
- any form of criminal activity;
- nicotine products;
- medical services, medical aid, medical assistance, medicines;
6. Intempt strictly enforces the provisions of the Anti-spam Policy, and every violation will be addressed. The degree of Intempt's response to violations is proportional to the severity of the breach of this policy.